Yeast infection is caused by the overgrowth of microscopic fungi or yeast namely “Candida” in the body. The dark and moist places like the folds in the skin for example underarms, lower abdomen, dentures, beneath the breast, and private parts of the body are most likely the best breeding grounds for the yeast infection.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection
The most evident symptoms include:
- The swelling and redness of the area
- The discharge of white liquid, which is some people is lumpy as well
- Constant fatigue and irritability
- Cracking of the skin which bleeds.
- Vaginal yeast infection is the most common type. It is diagnosed with redness in the private parts with swollen and itching vagina. The intercourse becomes extremely painful.
Main Causes of Yeast Infection
The significant causes include:
- Lower estrogen levels in elderly females
- Improper hygiene
- Side effects of using steroids, anti biotic and contraceptives
- Pregnancy is also a vital cause.
Top 7 Home Remedies To Cure Yeast Infection At Home
Following are some of the remedies that can aid in treating yeast infection at home.
- Yogurt is an excellent and most useful remedy which can eliminate yeast infection. You can make it an essential part of the diet to increase the number of friendly bacteria in your body to keep the bad bacteria out. Or, apply it topically on the infection. Leave it for half an hour or even overnight. It will ease the itching and burning sensation.
- Cranberry is a wonder fruit. Its juice is a perfect remedy to cure the yeast infection and other urinary tract infections as well. Drink the juice twice a day to treat the infection and feel fresh.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is rich in vitamin C which heals the skin very quickly. Add a tablespoon in a glass of water. Drink it, or apply it with a cotton ball on the infection site. It is useful in either way.
- Boric acid is a anti septic and anti fungal product which is highly beneficial if used properly. Dilute it with water and apply on the yeast infection. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off with plain water. Make it your routine for few weeks, twice a day.
- You can never go wrong with oils in treating such infections.
- Mix water in mustard oil and apply it over the skin, you will observe an improvement right after two applications.
- Coconut oil is known for its anti septic and anti fungal properties. Dip cotton ball in it and apply topically over the infected site. A sure relief will be seen if it is done regularly.
- Olive oil is also recommended.
- Aloe vera gel is an excellent remedy to suit any ailment related to the skin. Its gel is available in the market easily. If you have its plant at home then you have a miracle product in your reach. Take its gel and apply it over the sores to get instant cooling.
- Maintain a proper hygiene, use talcum powder to keep the folds in the skin dry. Neem (oil, soap and powder) and sandal powder are used in the South Asia to keep such issues at bay.
Yeast infection is very common among women but it can also affect men and children too. Adopt home remedies for a quick and easy recovery.