What is Anal Fistula
Anal fistula is a small passage formed between the skin close the anus and the bowel end. Anal fistula is a very painful phenomenon that causes inconvenience while passing stool and is sometimes associated discharge and bleeding. Major cause of anal fistula is surgery done to remove or drain anal abscess. Infections caused during or after this surgery lead to anal fistula.
What Are Major Causes of Anal Fistula
Abscess is the normal cause of anal fistula but some other conditions can also lead to this painful Anal Fistula.
- Irregular eating habits
- Anal Surgery
- Infection in the body
- Sexually transmitted disease
Symptoms and Signs of Fistula
Symptoms of Anal Fistula are
- Severe anal pain
- Bleeding from anus
- Swelling and itching
- Puss discharge
- High temperature
To learn more about Anal Fistula checkout Anal Fistula Article At WebMD.
Natural Home Remedies to Treat Anal Fistula and Anal Abscess
The conventional way to treat Anal Fistula is surgery. In some cases the Anal Abscess can heal on its own and there is no need to go for surgery. In such cases, certain natural home remedies actually help to heal the fistula wound fast. Checkout following simple ways to treat your Anal Abscess at home. Please note that you must visit your doctor to get your Anal Fistula examined to find the correct status and complexity of issue. If doctor recommends that your fistula has deep roots and require surgery, then do what your doctor says. In any case using following remedies will help you by reducing pain, infection, constipation and inflammation of Fistula wound. These remedies will also boost your body’s immunity to fight against this disease that will help you in fast recovery.
1- Turmeric Milk For Anal Fistula Cure
The main cause of Anal Fistula is bacterial infection. Human body needs highly effective immune system to fight these harmful bacteria. Turmeric is the best natural antibiotic that helps in healing fistula as well as prevents its recurrence.
- Add 1 tablespoon turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons of honey in 1 glass of warm milk and mix it well.
- Let the drink cool down and drink it before you go to sleep.
- The drink is more effective in the night as turmeric and honey will work for the whole night.
2- Ginger Tea Can Help Immunity Boost and Fistula Treatment
Ginger is the best herb to boost the immunity of body and reducing pain. Constipation is expected during Anal Fistula and ginger tea also helps in curing constipation along with anal fistula.
- Add a piece of fresh ginger or grated ginger in to a cup of hot water and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Add honey in this tea for quick relief and taste.
- A half teaspoon of crushed cloves can also be added in ginger tea to heal anal fistula rapidly.
3- Oregano Leave Oil to Ease Inflammation and Infection in Anal Fistula
Oregano is a magical herb in case of Anal Fistula due to its antibiotic, antibacterial, antiviral and anti inflammatory characteristics. Oregano oil is very useful in reducing anal swelling and prevention of bleeding.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of oregano oil in half glass of warm water and stir well.
- Take this drink twice a day after breakfast and before dinner.
4- Tea Tree Oil Good in Anal Fistula Due to Its Antiseptic and Anti-Inflammatory Actions
Tea Tree oil is also an excellent home remedy for Anal Fistula because of its antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti inflammatory nature. Tea tree oil has the ability to heal wounds quickly as it prevents production of microbes on wounds and stimulates leukocytes (white blood cells) to fight against bacteria.
- Mix tea tree oil and olive oil in equal quantity.
- Dip in this mixture a swab of cotton and place on affected area for half an hour and then remove.
- Rinse with cold water and leave to dry.
- Repeat the remedy for a few days to have a fast relief from Anal Fistula.
5- Onion and Garlic Soup Can Decrease Swelling, Pain and Inflammation of Anal Fistula Wound
Garlic is famous for its anti microbial and anti bacterial properties while onion consists of sulphur. The combination of the both ingredients makes an excellent healing elixir that eradicates the pain and swelling in anus in only few hours. Also these two ingredients increase the immunity of the body against viral infections.
- Slice 1 normal sized red onion and make a paste of 10 garlic cloves.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan.
- Now add garlic, onion rings and 1 cup chopped cabbage in boiling water and boil them for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes get the extract in one serving bowl and let it cool.
- Take this soup as hot as you can tolerate.
- This soup will cure the fistula problem in no time.
6- Use Cabbage Soup to Lower the Symptoms of Anal Fistula
Cabbage is an astonishing home remedy to cure anal fistula and reduce the pain in rectum. Cabbage is characterized by rich in fiber and high protein and acts as a lubricant for the rectum. Thus it soothes the inner side of the rectum and makes passage easy along with reduction in pain during passing stool.
- Fine chop a small cabbage and boil it in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes with covered lid.
- Pour it in a bowl and add black pepper and 2 pinches of fresh crushed ginger.
- Cover the bowl for 5 minutes and after 5 minutes soup is ready.
- Take this soup twice a day to boost the healing process of fistula in anus.
7- Papaya Can Prevent Constipation and Pain During Anal Fistula
Constipation can result tension in rectum and in return pain or anal bleeding. Papaya helps in regulating bowel movement and prevents constipation during fistula in anus. Papaya also detoxifies the body and restricts the production of free radicals.
- Peel and chop papaya and freeze it for at least 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 20 to 30 parsley leaves over it and eat it.
Homeopathic Treatment of Anal Fistula
Homeopathy is a safe and easy way to cure Anal Fistula. The medicines are quite effective, inexpensive and there is no need to go for surgery. Usually following homeopathic medicines are used to treat fistula patients depending upon overall symptoms and complexity of problem:
- Nitric Acid
- Berberis Vulgaris
- and others
For detailed information about Anal Fistula and and homeopathic treatment checkout detailed article about Anal Fistula Treatment.
Please note that you should not use any of above mentioned medicines on your own. The homeopathic doctors recommend the specific medicines and doses of medicines after carefully studying the symptoms and severity of disease and nature of patient. Usually it takes 3-6 months to get your Anal Fistula fully cured using homeopathic medicines.