Acne is a common condition, which happens to every human being present on earth. It is triggered by oil glands during the teenage years. The teenage boys are more prone to acne because of the excessive hormone production.
Table of Contents
- What Actually Are Acne Pimples?
- What Are Major Causes of Acne?
- What Are 3 Stages of Acne?
- Checkout Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Fast
- 1- Toothpaste For Soothing Effects on Acne
- 2- Ice Cubes Are Great to Reduce Acne Inflammation and Burning Effect
- 3- Use Lemon to Reduce Skin Inflammation Due to Acne
- 4- Use Small Garlic Pieces on Acne to Reduce Swelling and Remove Them
- 5- Honey Can Kill Bacteria, Inflammation and Pimples Caused By Acne
- 6- Baking Soda is Effective Home Remedy For Acne Due to Its Exfoliating Properties
- Words of Caution
What Actually Are Acne Pimples?
Acne is seen as bumps on the skin, which can be white, yellow or red in color. The oil glands lie just beneath the skin and if they are clogged with bacteria or pathogens, they get inflamed. As a result a small bump is formed which is usually filled with pus.
What Are Major Causes of Acne?
There are multiple causes of acne:
- The teenage years are memorable for everyone due to the carefree time. But we all remember the zits on our skin, which were never a confidence booster. The arms, chest, face and neck are usually affected by acne. The reason behind these acne formations is the overactive hormones.
- The lack of hygienic practices is also a major cause.
- Cleansing and scrubbing the skin too frequently also causes acne.
- Allergies mostly trigger the formation of acne.
- Some underlying conditions are diagnosed by the position of acne on our bodies. For example, the stomach ailments are easily diagnosed with acne on the forehead.
What Are 3 Stages of Acne?
Acne can be divided into 3 stages which are mild acne, moderate acne and severe acne. Following image explains the signs and symptoms of these 3 stages of Acne:
Checkout Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Fast
The most preferable way to cure the acne on any body part is to utilize the home remedies. Our pantry is our best friend, which helps us in every need. You can find almost all the products easily in the pantry, or a small walk to the nearby store can be handy is some cases as well.
1- Toothpaste For Soothing Effects on Acne
is one of the quickest remedies to cure the acne on the face. Use a q-tip or a cotton bud to apply a tiny amount on the acne. Leave it overnight and you will notice that the swollen bump has reduced a lot. It gives a soothing feel to the skin too. Just be careful that you do not apply the paste anywhere else on the skin.
2- Ice Cubes Are Great to Reduce Acne Inflammation and Burning Effect
The ice cubes are our lifelines during the scorching summer days. They keep us cool when added to the beverages. The cold water is a pure blessing. They are also a handy remedy for the acne. Take an ice cube and rub it over the skin where you are feeling inflammation. A soothing and calming sensation will be felt with a considerable decrease in redness.
3- Use Lemon to Reduce Skin Inflammation Due to Acne
Lemon is a delicious fruit, which is used in the cosmetic and food industry like no other product. The tangy and refreshing taste and sensation makes it one of the prioritized fruits throughout the world. Its juice has anti-inflammatory properties, which are what we need to cure the acne. Apply the juice with a clean cotton swab, or swipe its slice over the acne. An instant relief follows a slight tingling sensation. But there is a word of caution for those with dry skin, dilute the juice with water and then apply. Plus, use a dab of sun block when using this remedy.
4- Use Small Garlic Pieces on Acne to Reduce Swelling and Remove Them
The aroma of garlic increases our appetite. That is why we all love to have garlic bread before our meals. Garlic is included in the super food list because of plenty of reasons. You can use it in case of acne as well. Cut the garlic clove into parts and apply the juice directly to the acne. Leave it there for 15 minutes and wash with normal water afterwards.
5- Honey Can Kill Bacteria, Inflammation and Pimples Caused By Acne
Honey has anti bacterial properties, which make it a perfect remedy to cure multiple skin ailments. Apply it directly over the acne using a cotton swab and keep it there for several minutes. Clean with warm water afterwards to see visible reduction in the inflamed region. Do this twice daily to see results in a short span of time.
6- Baking Soda is Effective Home Remedy For Acne Due to Its Exfoliating Properties
Baking Soda has high pH value because of which it is used as an exfoliating agent. It can be used to treat the skin condition like acne in a quick time. Mix a teaspoon of soda in appropriate amount of water to make a paste. Apply it on the skin and remove after 10 minutes. Do not increase the duration more than few minutes as it can cause dryness and flakiness. Repeat once a day only.
Words of Caution
Home remedies work perfectly to cure the acne in short span of time. Be careful before opting for the remedy and always remember to perform a skin test before applying the product on the face.