Everyone loves a perfect smile, and to make it perfect we need white sparkling teeth. Yellow teeth cannot be termed as a disease, but in few cases it acts as symptom. The discoloration of teeth is caused by several reasons. The dental procedures are the last resort to cure this problem if home remedies don’t work.
Table of Contents
- Why Are My Teeth Yellow and Why Do Teeth Turn Yellow
- 6 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid of Yellow Teeth Fast
- What To Do If You Have Yellow Teeth Not Cured With Home Remedies
- How to Prevent Your Teeth to Become Yellow and Ugly?
Why Are My Teeth Yellow and Why Do Teeth Turn Yellow
There are multiple causes of having discolored teeth:
- The coffee and tea drinkers are more prone to damaging the natural white color of their teeth.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverage are likely to produce yellow teeth.
- Bacteria in the mouth cause plaque. If it is left untreated the teeth are permanently discolored.
- The side effects of medications also cause it.
- Inherited traits are seldom ignored in medical and dental sciences. It is very common to follow the lineage in having yellow teeth.
- The unsatisfactory cleaning regime of mouth and teeth is also a culprit.
- Our teeth need fluoride to stay healthy, but if it taken in excess then it also causes yellow teeth.
6 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid of Yellow Teeth Fast
Few home remedies prove very helpful in keeping teeth white. Some are:
1- Mixture of Mustard Oil With Table Salt
The old remedy of rubbing a mixture of mustard oil and salt on the teeth, as a cleaning agent never goes wrong.
2- Baking Soda Can Whiten Your Yellow Teeth
Rubbing baking soda on the teeth works as an excellent remedy to clean the stains caused by tea, coffee, alcohol and other food items.
3- Orange Peel For Instant Whitening of Teeth
You can also use orange peel to clean the enamel of the teeth.
4- Eating A Crunchy Apple Daily Can Make Your Teeth White
An apple a day surely keeps a doctor away. But it also helps in cleaning the teeth. Have a crunchy apple; it acts as toothpaste and keeps the yellows away.
5- Charcoal Powder to Clean Teeth Impurities
Charcoal is known to lift the impurities and cleans like a vacuum cleaner. Rub powdered charcoal to make them white in an instant.
6- Lemon or Vitamin C Fruits For Yellow Teeth
Lemon and other vitamin C enriched fruits can also remove yellow covering from the teeth.
What To Do If You Have Yellow Teeth Not Cured With Home Remedies
In many cases yellow teeth can be whitened by using some of the above mentioned home remedies daily. But sometimes these remedies don’t work. In some patients, teeth are yellow since childhood. In such cases special medical treatment is required to clean their teeth and make them white.
Here are some dental medical treatments you may require:
- The dental procedures can whiten the teeth in a few sittings.
- Get a professional dental cleaning done twice a year by a certified dentist.
- Do not forget to maintain calcium in the body. It is very necessary for healthy bones and teeth.
How to Prevent Your Teeth to Become Yellow and Ugly?
It is recommended to maintain a regular routine to keep the mouth and teeth clean.
- Flossing and brushing multiple times a day is necessary to avoid yellow teeth.
- Use over the counter whitening drugs, only if your dentist recommends.
- Do not consume fluoride more than you actually need.
- Avoid all the fizzy drinks and carbonated beverages as they stain the teeth easily. If you cannot resist them, chew a gum instead.
- Sugary and starchy food is one of the major causes of teeth discoloration. Floss or brush right after consuming such foods. Chocolate is a deadly enemy of white teeth.
As with every disease or medical issue, the prevention is better than cure. If the home remedies are not resolving the problem then it is recommended to consult a proper dentist if you have severely yellowing teeth that also look bad. It may be a sign of an underlying condition like kidney or liver disease.