Hydrated and moist lips are signs of health. Their color and outlook is used to diagnose several ailments. Having dry lips is a condition, which occurs due to several reasons. Dehydration is the most common reason that signifies multiple underlying conditions.
Table of Contents
- Signs and Symptoms of Dry Chapped Lips
- Why Are My Lips So Dry? Here Are The Causes
- 11 Top Home Remedies To Get Rid of Dry Chapped Lips Fast
- 1- Milk Cream For Dry Cracked Lips
- 2- Glycerine+Rose Water For Chapped Dry Lips
- 3- Coconut or Castor Oil Can Be Used to Get Rid of Dry Lips at Home
- 4- Apply Organic Honey on Lips to Make Them Soft and Moist
- 5- Rose Petals Are Effective For Dry Cracked Lips
- 6- Don’t Let Your Skin Dehydrated
- 7- Cure Dry Lips Using Aloe Vera Gel
- 8- Have You Tried Petroleum Jelly for Your Chapped Lips?
- 9- Milk Can Cleanse and Soften Your Dry Cracked Lips
- 10- Do Exfoliation of Your Lips At Home to Get Rid of Their Dryness
- 11- Apply Olive or Mustard Oil
- What is the Best Chapstick For Dry Lips
- Chronic Dry Lips Remedy
Signs and Symptoms of Dry Chapped Lips
Dry and chapped lips have prominent symptoms which include cracks, sores, streaks of blood on the surface and in few cases you will observe swelling at the corners of the mouth.
Why Are My Lips So Dry? Here Are The Causes
Some of the most frequent causes are:
- The continuous cycle of dehydration in dry weather. The people dwelling in desert type climate and areas are most prone to such conditions.
- Too much sun exposure without taking precautions is also a reason.
- Stress and allergies cause dry lips and skin.
- Vitamin deficiencies are diagnosed easily by looking at the color and texture of lips.
- Chemicals in lip balms and lipsticks cause allergies in few individuals, which turns the lips dry.
11 Top Home Remedies To Get Rid of Dry Chapped Lips Fast
You do not have to spend money on over the counter drugs to solve this issue. Have a look below to find out the perfect home remedy.
1- Milk Cream For Dry Cracked Lips
The most tried and tested remedy without the boundaries of the countries needs only one thing i.e. milk cream. Slather your dry lips with cream and leave for 15 minutes. Swipe it clean with warm water and you will see an instant result. Shiny, glossy and moisturized lips.
2- Glycerine+Rose Water For Chapped Dry Lips
Apply a mixture of glycerin and rose water several times a day.
3- Coconut or Castor Oil Can Be Used to Get Rid of Dry Lips at Home
Castor oil or coconut oil can be used as a lip balm to heal the chapped lips faster. The highly viscous liquid will soothe the skin as well.
4- Apply Organic Honey on Lips to Make Them Soft and Moist
Keep organic honey close to you, as much as you can. Dab your dry lips with it and leave for few minutes. You will get an instant relief.
5- Rose Petals Are Effective For Dry Cracked Lips
Rose petals are known to clear the spots from the face and skin. They are equally effective for lips. Soak the petals in little water; crush them with milk to form a paste. Apply it on your lips and leave them for few minutes. Wash afterwards and get amazed by the magical result.
6- Don’t Let Your Skin Dehydrated
Dehydration is the main reason to have dry skin conditions. Drink plenty of water throughout the day and change the habit of licking your lips. It looks bad and makes your lips dry.
7- Cure Dry Lips Using Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is an excellent remedy too. Apply it several times a day; its antiseptic properties are known to heal the wounds quickly.
8- Have You Tried Petroleum Jelly for Your Chapped Lips?
Petroleum jelly heals the lips very quickly, however the lips will turn dark so do it at your own choice.
9- Milk Can Cleanse and Soften Your Dry Cracked Lips
Soak cotton ball in milk and clean your lips with it. 2 to 3 times a day is enough.
10- Do Exfoliation of Your Lips At Home to Get Rid of Their Dryness
Sometimes dry lips need exfoliation only to remove the dead skin on the top. Use an old toothbrush to gently rub the skin off. Or use honey and sugar solution. Mix both and apply on the lips. Let it dry and scrub it off.
11- Apply Olive or Mustard Oil
Lastly, you can apply few drops of mustard or olive oil in your belly button to cure your dry lips.
What is the Best Chapstick For Dry Lips
Chapsticks are good to keep your lips moist. Although this is not a treatment but it can help to keep your lips covered and safe from dust, chemicals and bacteria etc. Try to choose a chapstick made from organic and natural ingredients.
Chronic Dry Lips Remedy
If the problem persists then consult a physician. Dehydration and deficiency of certain vitamins may be the cause of chronic dry lips. In many cases taking supplements only can cure the vitamin deficiency and dry lips. For best diagnosis and treatment, you are advised to see your physician.