Table of Contents
- What is Peptic Ulcer
- What Are Common Causes of Peptic Ulcer
- Signs and Symptoms of Peptic Ulcer
- How Peptic Ulcer Can Be Diagnosed?
- Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer Disease
- 1- Cabbage and Carrots To Increase Blood Supply to Stomach and Cure Peptic Ulcer
- 2- Garlic is A Natural Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Microbial Agent Good For Peptic Ulcer
- 3- Banana and Honey Can Revers the Peptic Ulcer Development
- 4- Use Fenugreek With Honey To Make a Natural Protection Layer To Cure Peptic Ulcer
- 4- Using Green Tea Can Protect Stomach Lining and Heal Peptic Ulcer
- 5- Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil and Raw Coconut Can Heal Peptic Ulcer Fast
- 6- Herbal Remedy For Peptic Ulcer – Use Aloe Vera Gel
- 7- Almond+Milk As a Home Remedy For Stomach Ulcers
- 8- Goat Milk Is A Nature’s Gift Against Ulcers in Stomach
- 9- Cucumber Juice Is Effective Against Peptic Ulcer
- 10- Use Ginger Juice With Honey Daily To Cure Ulcers in Stomach
- 11- Castor Oil With Milk To Cure Pain and Infection in Stomach and Heal Ulcers
- 12- Apple Cider Vinegar With Baking Soda Soothes Stomach Lining and Help Ulcers
- Homeopathic Treatment and Medicines To Cure Peptic Ulcer
- Best Over The Counter Allopathic Medicines To Treat Peptic Ulcer
- Precautions For The Patients of Peptic Ulcer
- How To Get Treatment of Bleeding Peptic Ulcer?
What is Peptic Ulcer
Peptic ulcer is lesion developed on the lining of the stomach or small intestine normally associated with inflammation triggered by the irritation, acids or infectious bacteria in the stomach. Peptic ulcer triggers when the protective covering of mucus around the stomach begins to destroy that encourages gastric juice acids to eat the tissues of stomach. Peptic ulcer is highly painful but easily curable disease but can cause serious issues if ignored for a long time.
What Are Common Causes of Peptic Ulcer
Following is the list of common reasons and factors that can cause peptic ulcer in an individual:
- Excessive use of painkillers
- Taking much alcohol or caffeine
- Radiation therapy
- Stomach cancer
Signs and Symptoms of Peptic Ulcer
Common signs and symptoms seen in most of the peptic ulcer patients include:
- Blood in stool and vomiting
- Severe abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Food intolerance
- Hunger Pain (Pain is felt in stomach when feeling hungry or stomach is empty)
- Pain During Night (Patient may wake up during night due to pain. Pain decreases by eating food or taking milk)
If you are suffering from most of the above mentioned symptoms, it is better to visit your doctor for complete checkup and diagnosis. If you are diagnosed with peptic ulcer then you must take extra care, medications and proper treatment to avoid complexity of disease.
How Peptic Ulcer Can Be Diagnosed?
If a person is having most of the above mentioned symptoms then his/her doctor may suggest following tests to diagnose the peptic ulcer. These tests include:
- Double Contrast Barium Meal Test
Ulcers of stomach should be treated properly or this may condition lead to other serious conditions.
Home Remedies For Peptic Ulcer Disease
1- Cabbage and Carrots To Increase Blood Supply to Stomach and Cure Peptic Ulcer
Cabbage is a vegetable rich with lactic acid and vitamin C that stimulate the blood supply to the stomach lining and fight against infections respectively. On the other hand carrots contain vitamin U that is an anti stomach ulcer factor. Combination of these two veggies makes a magical remedy for peptic ulcer.
- Blend slices of 2 carrots and pieces of a half cabbage to extract juice.
- Drink half cup of this extract 3 to 4 times daily before meal and going to bed for some weeks.
2- Garlic is A Natural Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Microbial Agent Good For Peptic Ulcer
A very common ingredient of every kitchen, garlic contains antibacterial and anti microbial properties that not only calm inflammation but also prevents stomach ulcers.
- Crush 3 garlic cloves and eat them with water.
- Repeat the remedy minimum one and maximum two times daily.
3- Banana and Honey Can Revers the Peptic Ulcer Development
The antibacterial compound found in banana restrains ulcer development in the stomach. The bananas strengthen the stomach and reduce inflammation as these can wipe the acidity of gastric juice. Honey does the same in the case of peptic ulcer. Honey produces hydrogen peroxide that kills harmful ulcer causing bacteria in the stomach as well as it prevents the chances of peptic ulcer recurrence. Honey is no doubt most effective remedy for peptic ulcer.
Both banana and honey effectively cure peptic ulcer both individually and in combination.
- Eat a ripe banana or drink banana shake daily at least 3 times.
- Make it habit to consume 1 teaspoon honey on empty stomach every morning.
- Make a paste of honey and banana 3 time s a day for at least 1 week using following method.
- Peel off banana and cut it in thin slices.
- Dry these slices in the sunlight.
- Grind dries slices to powder and mix 2 teaspoon of this powder with 1 teaspoon honey and make a paste.
4- Use Fenugreek With Honey To Make a Natural Protection Layer To Cure Peptic Ulcer
Fenugreek contains mucilaginous compound that makes a protective coating over the lining of the stomach that not only protects the stomach lining from further damage but also heals it in case of peptic ulcer.
- Boil 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds or 1 cup fenugreek leaves in 2 cups water. Strain the liquid Add honey in it and drink the solution twice a day for a week.
- Mix one 1 tsp powder of fenugreek seed in 1 cup of milk. Then take this solution after straining for a week two times a day.
4- Using Green Tea Can Protect Stomach Lining and Heal Peptic Ulcer
Green tea is a quick and easy to adopt home remedy for peptic ulcer. It contains flavonoids that protects the stomach lining and heals the peptic ulcer.
- Infuse a teaspoon of green tea leaves in 1 cup boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Take this tea 2 to 3 times daily especially after meals.
5- Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil and Raw Coconut Can Heal Peptic Ulcer Fast
Coconut in any of its form, coconut milk, coconut oil or just raw coconut, is the best remedy for healing peptic ulcer due to its antibacterial nature.
- Drink coconut milk or water 2 to 3 times a day at least for 1 week.
- Consume 1 tsp coconut oil in the morning and one at night twice daily for a week.
6- Herbal Remedy For Peptic Ulcer – Use Aloe Vera Gel
Take 2 teaspoon of aloe gel with 1 cup water 2 to 3 times a day.
7- Almond+Milk As a Home Remedy For Stomach Ulcers
Make a paste of soaked almond and mix well in milk. Drink this milk daily 2 times.
8- Goat Milk Is A Nature’s Gift Against Ulcers in Stomach
Drinking goat milk daily is as effective as almond oil for peptic ulcer.
9- Cucumber Juice Is Effective Against Peptic Ulcer
Eat cucumbers daily or drink cucumber juice on empty stomach.
10- Use Ginger Juice With Honey Daily To Cure Ulcers in Stomach
Mix 2 tsp of ginger juice in 1 tsp honey and consume this mixture 2 times a day.
11- Castor Oil With Milk To Cure Pain and Infection in Stomach and Heal Ulcers
Mix 2 drops of castor oil in 1 cup milk and drink as an instant remedy of peptic ulcer.
12- Apple Cider Vinegar With Baking Soda Soothes Stomach Lining and Help Ulcers
Mix 2 tsp of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) and 1 pinch baking soda in 2 cup water and drink 2 times a day.
Homeopathic Treatment and Medicines To Cure Peptic Ulcer
If you are looking for a safe, quick and inexpensive way to cure peptic ulcer then you must try homeopathic medicines. Homeopathic medicines boost the natural immunity against disease that helps body to fight against peptic ulcer effectively. These medicines also heals the wounds, lesions and cuts on the internal lining of stomach fast. The main problem with peptic ulcer is that wounds or ulcers never heal. The homeopathic medicines make this happen fast and patient feels fast recovery. The secretion of acid in stomach is controlled that results in fast recovery.
Some of the common homeopathic medicines for peptic ulcer include:
- and many others
Don’t ever use any homeopathic medicine on your own. Only your homeopathic doctor can suggest you right medicine with right dose and potency after observing overall symptoms and condition.
Best Over The Counter Allopathic Medicines To Treat Peptic Ulcer
There are many conventional medicines that are used to assist patients of peptic ulcer.
Medicines To Control Acid Secretions in Stomach to Treat Peptic Ulcer
These medicines when given can reduce the production/secretion of acids in the stomach. This helps in fast healing of wounds/ulcers in the internal linings of stomach. Some of these medicines include:
Antacids to Treat Peptic Ulcer
Antacids are medicines that decrease the quantity of acids in the stomach. These medicine are good for fast relief from peptic ulcer symptoms.
Precautions For The Patients of Peptic Ulcer
It is necessary for the peptic ulcer patients to do certain precautions along with medical treatment. Certain factors can aggravate the problem even you are taking your medicines. For the fast recovery patient must avoid following things until he/she is fully recovered:
- Spicy Foods
- Bon-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs (like Aspirin)
Patient should drink plenty of water to keep body hydrated and dilute the stomach acids. It is also advised to take small 5-6 meals in a day instead of 3 meals. This will decrease the secretion of acids in the stomach and there will be less work load on the stomach.
How To Get Treatment of Bleeding Peptic Ulcer?
In some cases of peptic ulcer where age of patients is normally more than 60 years, the bleeding in upper-gastrointestinal may occur. In most of the cases the bleeding stops immediately itself and there is no need for the treatment. Only special care is required in this case.
Around 20% patients can get recursive bleeding and this is a serious health issue. If patient is not treated well, there are chances of death too. In case of peptic ulcer patient must immediately consult the physician and seek the required treatment like Endoscopic therapy and ulcer surgery or whatever suggested by doctors.